Full and comprehensive security is built into all modules; everything from simple password protection through to integration with NT Security, Active Directory and 256 bit AES encryption. You can record and replay remote sessions for audit purposes - and even profile individual Control users and Client workstations to provide different security levels and capabilities.NetSupport Manager supports Smartcard - any Smartcard login performed on the Control PC is re-directed and applied on the Client PC.
Key Security Features:
- Password protection of all systems.
- User acknowledgement (User must be present and authorise each inbound connection request).
- Data Encryption - configurable options from 56 bit DES to 256 bit AES.
- Security Keys (makes the licensed copy of NetSupport Manager unique to the organisation and non-compatible with other copies of the software).
- Record and Replay remote control sessions to keep a history of all activity during a session.
- Limit connectivity by user account or originating IP address (only allow connections from known locations).
- Blank client screen when performing confidential actions.
- Auto logout of a remote system on disconnect (avoids a system being mistakenly left in a logged in state).
- User-defined Inactivity Timeout on open connections.
- Dialback security for dialup connections.
- Centrally deploy and manage security configurations from a single location.
- Smartcard Support - any login performed on the Control PC is re-directed and applied on the Client PC.
- Smartcard Authentication - User Validation for connections now supports authentication using a Smartcard PIN as well as the existing remote login support.
- Integrate with existing NT User profiles to validate an inbound user before a connection request is accepted.
- Integrate directly with Active Directory profiles for user validation.
- Supplied with Active Directory templates to enable system wide compliance with pre-defined client configurations.
- Profiled functionality - allow different functionality to be available depending on the authenticated user making a connection.
- Full event and history logs including integration with OS event logs.
* The 'Control' is the PC that views/takes over a PC.
* The 'Client' is the PC that is being viewed or taken over.